Sunday, December 13, 2009

He's.... almost... got... it

On Friday, the kids & I spent 2 hours at the mall-- playing in the kids area (which we had all to ourselves most of the time), riding the "alligator" (escalator), climbing into the cars & trucks that move when you put 75 cents (but my kids don't know that part yet), and visiting the pets at the Humane Society. It was a fun morning for all of us.

We picked up Happy Meals on the way home (another thing they don't know yet is that toys come in the Happy Meals-- we'll save those for another day). Brielle ate her cheeseburger and half of John's. John slowly worked on his burger & fries, and also ate a bowl of purple grapes. Later, I noticed John was putting his french fries into his milk. This is the point of the meal when we know he's full and that he's just playing. I left the kitchen for a few minutes and when I came back I saw his milk--and the fries he put in-- all over the counter. John was SOO excited to grab the milk-soaked fries and gobble them up. "YUM!" was written all over his face. Here he is reaching for the very last one:

No comments: