John has been sleeping in a big bed for the last week. He's 18 months old. Brielle was about the same age when she moved to a big bed. We decided to move a mattress into his room shortly after we were home from our Christmas vacation. He has transitioned really well-- so well that we officially took the crib down and put it in storage. He looks much more comfortable on his big, soft bed. He doesn't end up with a foot sticking out or his head in the wooden rail corner, like he did in his crib. After we put him in his bed, sometimes he comes to his door and cries for a minute, but then he crawls back into bed and falls asleep on his own. yippee :)
One day I tried to lie beside him at nap time, but he got out of the bed and was tugging on my foot. I thought he was wanted me to play instead of "sleep"... but turns out... once I got out of his bed, he climbed back in, cuddled up with a blanket, and was quiet. I guess he just wanted me out!
No comments:
Post a Comment