My heart definitely was beating faster when we went under this bridge! Tim stopped and we sat under it for several seconds until I shouted (shouted, because I had to be louder than the thundering train), "AHHHHH! LET'S GOOOO!!"
Brielle kept asking me later that day and for the next week, "Why did you tell Dad to GO when we were under the bridge? Was the bridge breaking?" I couldn't think of a perfect answer in that moment. I told her the bridge was not breaking. But then her "Why?" questions resumed. I didn't want to use the word "scared" because I don't want her to be scared of too many things yet.
I guess it's kind of like when you scream when you're on a roller coaster but you're not truly scared because you know you are safe, and I didn't know how to put that into terms for a 3 year-old. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment