On Saturday, Brielle, John & I went out to the farm for a visit. After we walked around checking on the various animals... Brielle asked, "Can we go play in the cotton balls next?" I didn't know exactly what she was talking about until she led me to this stall in the commodity shed. I later learned the following: 1) This cotton seed comes by the SEMI-LOAD from 12 hours away, 2) Cottonseed is a valuable addition to the dairy cows' diet.
I had not ventured to this part of the farm during the winter, so this was the first time I had seen the kids play in the cottonseed.
It took probably 15 minutes of digging until Brielle made some "stairs" (her words) to climb up to the top.
John followed. He eventually made it... on his own.
This gives some perspective as to how much cottonseed is in here!
Then they ran around the top level jumping, tumbling, & rolling around.

Grandpa & Grandma B said we'd be finding cottonballs for awhile in boots & coats... and they were right :).
1 comment:
Haha! That would have been my favorite spot as a 4 year old.
Post a Comment