Sunday, January 8, 2012

Unpacking the Christmas boxes....

After we brought home our freshly cut Christmas tree, it was time to get out the boxes of Christmas items & decorations.   These sure are fun things to do with kids in the house :)

One of the highlights for John & Brielle were the dozen Christmas books that are packed away in those boxes.  They would get excited and say "I remember this one! I remember this one too!"  They couldn't wait to open the books up and look at all the pictures inside.  Bedtime stories were fun this last month too, as they were always very excited to choose a few special Christmas books for us to read :)


 After Tim & I got the lights on the tree, John & Brielle were ready to help with the ornaments.  Again, it was fun to see them remember some ornaments from last year.    They learned how heavy ornaments need stronger branches... and how to spread ornaments out in the tree.  I still did a little rearranging, of course, but not as much as I expected :).  We also talked about being careful with the ornaments.  Even though we have VERY few glass or breakable ornaments on our tree, if one dropped, they were quick to tell us "It didn't break!"  And no ornaments did break :)


They look deep in thought here... planning their next move :)

A final exciting project for the day... setting up their Little People Nativity Scene. 

No comments: